CALL FOR SCORES IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED!
Due to the cancellation of its remaining subscription concerts for 2021, Orchestra Wellington, Music Director Marc Taddei, Composer in Residence John Psathas and SOUNZ would like to take the opportunity to offer readings of New Zealand scores at the Michael Fowler Centre on Saturday 30 October, from 10am – 5pm.
We have a very short window of time in which to prepare this project, so if your piece is selected, you must have orchestral parts ready to send in straight away.
Notes and Comments
- The work may have been performed before. If there is an existing recording of the work, or one is planned, it is less likely to be selected.
- The orchestral configuration is: 2222; 4331; timpani; 3 percussion and harp, strings 12 10 8 8 6
- The selection will be made by Orchestra Wellington, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If selected, parts must be sent in to Orchestra Wellington by Thursday 21 October in PDF format. Parts to be legible in A4, with realistic page turns.
- We encourage you to attend the sessions (subject to COVID restrictions) if selected, but Orchestra Wellington and SOUNZ are unable to offer travel or accommodation assistance.
- All efforts are being made to secure recordings of the performances.
- Complete score in PDF format for application (with individual parts extracted to A4 format if selected)
- Recording, if available, in digital format*
- Completed application form
- Short programme note and biography of up to 200 words in a word document
- Recordings and large-file scores should be delivered using an online file sharing service such as Dropbox.
Application deadline: 5pm Sunday 17 October 2021
Click here for more details and to download the entry form.